I'm always looking for sponsors, advertisers and products or services to review for the blog. Contact me if you are interested!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Current casa, "After" pictures of our kitchen

Things we did in the renovation:

  • took three feet away from the kitchen and added it to the dining room
  • closed off the entrance from the dining room and mad a full wall of cabinets and moved the refrigerator to that wall
  • removed the wall from the kitchen to the old garage, in its place is a peninsula with cabinets above and below and a breakfast area, laundry room and playroom where the garage was
  • removed the window behind the sink, added a large bar and a family room where the yard had been



View of the kitchen from the family room.
 


To the left of the refrigerator, I have a built-in pantry from floor to ceiling. 
 The bottom half contains six pull-out drawers. 
 The pantry is one of my favorite features in this kitchen.



I love this bar and the lighting above.  My children have snacks and meals here. 
 Sometimes I use it to put out appetizers when entertaining.



I love the convenient features in this kitchen...the under-cabinet lighting, the corner cabinets with tons of storage space, the lazy susan in the bottom  corner cabinet for appliances, and my huge drawers.
In my new house, if given the option and space permits, I would love to have only drawers on the bottom.

The deep drawers are extremely convenient.  I store pots, pans, baking dishes, etc.  
They are very comfortable and you don't have to be a contortionist to find and reach what you are looking for.
The only problem is the top drawer where we keep our silverware, opens by itself..
 I close it and seconds after I turn around and its open again.  We have to have it fixed but we haven't gotten around to it.


Peninsula with double cabinets on the bottom and glass hutch above.
It stands where the old wall between the kitchen and garage once stood.
About three ft. away is the breakfast area with a large 6' x 3' table.

The stools in the picture were purchased a year ago, because everyone would just come and hang out in the kitchen standing up.  Since we don't have an "island" where people normally gather, this is a great substitute.


2 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is gorgeous. Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love it, and am very happy with the choices we made here.

    ReplyDelete