I'm always looking for sponsors, advertisers and products or services to review for the blog. Contact me if you are interested!

Friday, August 12, 2011

The Grand Staircase, Part 2

In a previous post, The Grand Staircase, (NOT!), I mentioned that we would like to have a more beautiful and "grand" staircase in the casa.  This is the staircase now:


This is the exterior view of the window in front of the stairs.


We will probably have to tear down a wall or two and maybe a closet in order to fit a larger staircase. We have not consulted an architect yet, so I'm not sure exactly what can be done.  However, I have been looking at images in magazines and on the Internet of ideas for staircases.
I've found some contenders...nothing has been decided, however I am intrigued by the possibility of incorporating one of the following:






In all the staircases pictured, I am mostly interested in the shape and/or design of the structure, not necessarily the railings, banisters, and ironwork. 


This last image has a room with a similar layout to the living room in the new casa.  Similarly, the doors in the second floor hallway are almost in the identical position as ours. I find this room bright and open.  I would love to replace the wall partition on the second floor of our casa with glass like this one.  (For current pictures of this room in the new casa, link back to a previous post about it  right here).

What do you think?  Which is your favorite image?

**Images from Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment