Yesterday I was able to go inside the house after a long time. It's been at least 3 months since I'd been inside. My privileges were revoked when the short sale negotiator asked that Realtors not be allowed in the house anymore. Apparently some Realtors are unscrupulous, and were the ones that were vandalizing the house. Since the day they changed the lock box code and stopped giving it to Realtors, no additional vandalism has occurred. I have not wanted to ask for special privileges so I did not have the code.
I was in the neighborhood yesterday and took my dad to see the house, we walked around the lot, and when we were in the back, I noticed the bedroom door that leads to the balcony was wide open. That bedroom has wood laminate flooring and with all the rain we've had lately, I was worried it had been getting wet.
I called the listing realtor and told him to please have someone close the door. I volunteered to do it since I was there. He was happy to let me do it and gave me the code. Thank goodness the flooring had not been damaged. But I can't say the same for the rest of the house.
The house has been open on occasion, and I know water has gotten in at times. It seems there might be a little mold in some areas. In addition, there are many dead insects and even some mounds of dust and winged creatures that might be termites. All in all, it was not a pleasant visit for me. I felt sad and helpless, seeing the state of our future home and not being able to clean it and protect it from further damage.
I really hope this is the week, they give us the good news.
I don't think I'll want it very much longer.
It is just in such bad shape, I worry it will be far too expensive to get it to a livable condition if we wait much longer.
I'm sure the lender and lenders representatives have not been to the house. If they had they would have jumped at the chance for someone to buy it, and make some money on it. I don't think anyone would want it in the shape it is today, if they saw it for the first time.
What do you think? Should we continue with this house or just give it up and look for another house?