I'm always looking for sponsors, advertisers and products or services to review for the blog. Contact me if you are interested!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Bathroom #1

This bathroom is the guest bathroom.  It was originally done in grey tile.  The color was acceptable but the bathroom was falling apart.  We removed a hall closet and took 18" from the foyer (pictured below) to renovate this bathroom. 





This is the bathroom now...




I was going for a "coastal beach house" look and I believe I accomplished it.  For the vanity, I purchased a solid mahogany buffet in a distressed white finish. I bought the mirror in the same place, but they didn't have the size I wanted in white, so I painted it and distressed the finish a bit.  Both pieces are from Nadeau.  They import furniture from India, Indonesia, etc. and have extremely reasonable prices.  When I owned my furniture store years ago, we used to buy wholesale from them, now they sell to the public and have locations throughout the U.S.

The accessories are in blues, whites and greys.  We hung white pendant lights from the ceiling on either side of the mirror.  I love the pendants and they provide fantastic lighting in the bathroom.

I opted for wall tile strictly within the shower, rather than a larger part of the bathroom.  It took me a long time to decide what look I wanted and what tile to use to best achieve the look. I opted for a mosaic tile with glass and carrara marble.  It was the most expensive option at $10.00 per sq ft for each sheet, but I splurged since I was able to save money in other areas.



I really love how it turned out.  It feels bright, roomy and very "beachy".


No comments:

Post a Comment