I'm always looking for sponsors, advertisers and products or services to review for the blog. Contact me if you are interested!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Decor

I have been accumulating vast amounts of decor for every holiday at ridiculously low prices since I discovered "after-Christmas" sales a few years ago.  The only problem is that it is a large contributing factor to our not "fitting" in our current casa.  We have too much stuff!
My husband says I'm a hoarder, but my kind friend says, no.  She says I am not a hoarder because I actually use all the stuff I have.  I don't have it put away.  I think I have to agree with her. 

I constantly give away things I don't use.  The only things I don't like to give away are furniture and household items because we own vacation rental properties that must be furnished and I like to keep things in case I could possibly use them there and not have to buy again.

Besides, I love entertaining and decorating for all holidays and events, and in order to do that inexpensively, you must own the things you are using.  I own round tables with their corresponding tablecloths, chairs, dinnerware, glassware, flatware, chafing dishes, serving platters, and the list goes on.
I use them constantly and enjoy having friends and family over.

I don't like to share my items...and its not because I am selfish.  It's mostly because if I lend my items, even to family, they don't come back in the same condition.  Since most of my things were purchased in sets, if I start lending them out,  I will have incomplete sets, broken items and my tables and events will not look the same. My tablecloths will get become worn out and ugly.  I really do like to have my tables and decor looking perfect and beautiful.

I have purchased so many different holiday accessories over the years, that I think I've reached my limit.  With what I bought this year, I think I will have to give away or keep some of my older things away next year, unless we buy a bigger house.

Another thing I discovered this year, from Ina Garten of the Barefoot Contessa, is to put light strands in vases and wrap them around tree branches.  For many years during this time I collect Christmas tree branches and put them in vases as my natural foliage.  This year I added the lights and they looked spectacular!!! I received many compliments on those.




No comments:

Post a Comment